Saturday, May 14, 2011

fly in the car

If there was a fly with us in the car today, it was likely laughing :) we were.
I did a post a few months ago about some of the intellectualnerdycrazyridiculous conversations that occur between Daddy J and I. On our way home from Louisville today (from buying my very own laptop, yeah!) we had such a conversation. Immediately I said, "I need to add this to my "Fly blog series".  Enjoy the glimpse into our ridiculous minds :)
We stopped by DQ to buy mini blizzards. Daddy J got his favorite, Resee's. I ordered my favorite, chocolate covered strawberry. I didn't receive what I ordered. Someone forgot to add my chocolate, BUMMER! The conversation occured something like this:
Daddy J: "Yeah, I'd like to order a chocolate covered strawberry blizzard without the chocolate."
(once he gets started it really does become ridiculous. that's the point when my eye rolling  commences-again see previous post if you haven't yet :)
Daddy J (continuing): "I'd like a bacon cheeseburger. Could you hold the bacon and cheese?"
Mommy J: "I'd like a hamburger, no ham please." (**why is it called a hamburger anyway?**)
Daddy J: "Yeah, a hamburger. No ham. Can I get beef instead?"
This is the point when we look back at Baby J, who had been asleep. He had his eyes half open with one hand partly on his forehead, fingers covering his eyes. It's like he was saying, "God, why did you send me out of heaven to these crazy people who think they're funny. It's gonna be a long life. Lord, please help me!"
Maybe this doesn't read as funny as it was for us to experience. Maybe it was so funny because Daddy J and I are sleep deprived due to Baby J being awake half the night for 2 nights in a row. I hope it at least brings a smile to your face :) Happy weekend!

No comments: