I needed a new something to hang on my door and had aspirations to make an ornament wreath. My frugality prevented that from happening because I am not one to pay full price for any Christmas decoration. (My sister and I, and our Mom and her sister have a tradition of shopping for half-priced Christmas items December 26th. A tradition I LOVE and a girl's day I look forward to beginning December 27th!) Several years ago I bought these cinnamon-scented pine cones and had not used them for anything. I had seen a couple pictures in magazines which inspired this idea. One afternoon during naptime, I got to work with the pinecones, some ribbon I had on-hand, and my handy-dandy hot glue gun. Voila!
I am in love with these beauties and the man who made them!
Friends of ours had these in their yard so I inquired where they came from.They're handmade; these particulars are handmade by my husband! Our friends shared the template with us, Daddy was super excited to delve slightly into woodworking, and I got busy painting. They are gorgeous lit up at night with the floodlight.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment